Spring is here in Brookhaven! For our neighborhood, that means events, events and events! Brookhaven is a great neighborhood where something fun is always happening. We want to support and share with you all of the cool things taking place.
During the months of April until June, you can find a lot of events that take advantage of Atlanta’s beautiful weather and Brookhaven’s family friendly, up and coming atmosphere. So many organizations in Brookhaven support and list events, finding something to fit your needs should be easy!
At BrookHaven’s official site, you can find these events listed:
- April 30th: Junior Miss Pageant and Talent Show. Lynwood Park will host its annual pageant and talent show from 4-7pm with age groups split into 4-5 year olds, 6-7, 8-11, and 12-13. Refreshments and finger foods will be on hand. Participants will get to show off their favorite talent or skill for a chance to win prizes and a trophy, and all participants will get to ride in a parade the following week! Call 404-637-0542 for more information.
- May 7th: Brookhaven Community Day. Annual parade will begin at noon going from Lynwood United Church of God in Christ to Lynwood Community Center. Event is open to all ages and will include a cookout, band, and fun activities for the whole family.
- May 20th: Parent’s Night Out at Lynwood Park. This recurring event is for 5-12 year olds and will be from 6:30-9pm. Drop the kids off at the community center and let us provide dinner, games, and activities to keep them entertained! Pre-registration is required prior to 5/18, $15 per child. Call 404-637-0512 for more information.
- Brookhaven’s Food Truck Roundup returns for a fourth year at Blackburn Park, every Wednesday night from 5 to 9 p.m., May 4-Sept. 28. Enjoy free on-site parking, 12-15 food trucks, local vendors and adult beverages available for purchase.
- “Dive” In Movie: Murphey Candler Pool Friday, June 17, 8 p.m.Briarwood Park Pool Friday, July 15, 8 p.m. Events will feature live music, children’s activities and a movie. Film TBD.
The BrookHaven Bolt
The 2016 Brookhaven Bolt 5K is Saturday May 21st. It is an awesome 5k race where 100% of the proceeds are donated to Ashford Park Elementary School. Winding its way through Brookhaven, this race has become one of the largest in the area and an annual family event to be enjoyed by everyone.
BrookHaven Parks and Recreation
The BrookHaven Summer 2016 Activity Guide, published by the BrookHaven Parks and Recreation, is now available. In it, the guide
shares so many events and cool happenings! From swimming and fitness classes to clubs and foodie events, this is a must see. Check it out! Here are some of their upcoming events:
- City of Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival April 2-3
- City of Brookhaven Parks & Recreation Bark in the Park June 4, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Murphey Candler Park Conservancy Clean-Up Day June 12, 1-4 p.m.
- City of Brookhaven Parks & Recreation Touch-A-Truck Event June 25, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- City of Brookhaven Parks & Recreation It Starts in the Parks! 5k July 23, 7-10 a.m.